Greetings, adventurer! You've stumbled upon Roleplay Hub, a welcoming community for roleplayers of all types. Whether you post on a forum or chat room, roll dice,
or don a costume on weekends, you'll be among friends here.
Since you're currently browsing as a guest, would you like to register or log in?
Hub Help: Credits
Credits: An Introduction
Wondering what credits are, how to get them, and what to do with them?
This guide will give you all the ins and outs of the currency of the Hub Network!
Getting StartedWhat Are Credits?
- Credits are a type of currency here at the Hub that can be used and earned on any of the Hub Network sites, such as Vault 713. It doesn't have anything to do with real money and doesn't have a "cash" value in real life, it's just a fictional representation of your activity on the Hub Network. Think of it like gold in World of Warcraft or Simoleons in The Sims. Except, well, without the cheat codes. ;]
- Like any real life currency, credits can be exchanged for goods. You might trade them to a fellow member in exchange for some graphics, or you might use them at one of the Network sites to "buy" special abilities for one of your role playing characters. You can even just hoard them for later so everyone can see how rich you are!
- Giving to friends as gifts.
- Buying special abilities for your character at Vault 713.
- Buying Donor Shop items at Vault 713.
- Spending on graphics and other goods in Merchant's Row.
- Thanking someone for creating something for you or helping you.
- Buying special features on Network sites.
You can use credits for things like...
- Everyone starts out with 25 Credits just for registering at the Hub, but you can always earn more! Credits can be earned on any of the network sites and transferred to the Hub - in fact, we encourage you to use your Hub account for all of your credits just to keep things organized. You can also earn them at the Hub in a variety of ways.
- "Selling" graphics in a Merchant's Row shop.
- Role playing in any of the sandbox forums.
- Completing threads, challenges, and credit claims on Network sites.
- Reaching certain milestones.
- Being a subscriber at network sites.
- More ways to come soon!
Credits can come from...
Using the Credit ConsoleChecking Your Credits
- At the top of the screen in the blue navigation box, you'll see "0.00 Credits" next to your username, where 0.00 is the number of credits you currently have. Your credits will also show up on your account profile, as well as under your avatar in any post on the forums.
Accessing the Console
- You can access the credit console by clicking on the "0.00 Credits" link in the blue navigation box. Inside the console the front page lists the members with the most credits on the forum, as well as how many credits you have. The "Information" tab tells you how many credits you earn per post - this is currently set to zero in all forums except the role playing area. You also have access to the "Transfer" tab, which we will cover in the next section, and a "Log" where you can see a list of all of your past transfers and credits recieved.
Making a Transfer
- If you would like to give credits to a friend or to someone who's created something for you, you'll need to make a transfer. You can transfer credits either by visiting someone's profile, or by going through the Credit Console. Once in the console, simply go to the Transfer tab and type in who you'd like to send it to, how much to send, and add in a note. The note will automatically be sent to them, so you won't need to send them a PM to let them know it's been sent. If you go through someone's profile, you need only click [Donate] next to their credit total, and it will pull up the console for you.
Have further questions about Credits? Visit the Help Desk for assitance.