Greetings, adventurer! You've stumbled upon Roleplay Hub, a welcoming community for roleplayers of all types. Whether you post on a forum or chat room, roll dice,
or don a costume on weekends, you'll be among friends here.
Since you're currently browsing as a guest, would you like to register or log in?
Notebooks: An Introduction
Notebooks: An Introduction
If you're interested in creating your own personal notebook, look no further!
This guide is to help members understand how notebooks work and how to use them.
What Is My Notebook?
- Your notebook is a blog-type file that lets you keep track of all of your characters, threads, games, and resources all in one place. You can access yours at any time by using the Account tab of the forum and choosing My Notebook. Once you post in your Hub for the first time, it will also be listed on your account profile.
You can access any member's notebook at any time by going to their account profile and clicking the appropriate link. If the member does not have one, the link will not show up. There is also a search feature listed on any notebook page to help you find what you're looking for.
- When you post in your notebook, you can choose from one of several categories to post in. We'll show you more on how to categorize posts later on, but for now here's an overview of what belongs in each category. Do note that some categories have sub-categories for specific forums (such as "Vault 713") or things like "Works in Progress," so be sure to choose carefully while selecting your category.
- Player Profiles - Your player profile is a way to introduce yourself to others as well as give examples of your role playing style or tell others what you're looking for in a fellow player. For more information on creating a player profile, please see this guide.
Using Your NotebookCreating an Entry
- To make a post in your notebook, you should start by going to Account and My notebook. Here you will see the front page of your hub, as well as any recent posts that you've made. To start your post, click the "New Entry" button.
- Underneath the text box when writing a post, you'll notice a selection of tabs similar to when you are writing a post in the regular discussion areas of RPH. To ease some confusion, we've highlighted some of the ones you may not be familiar with:
- Categories - Here you can choose which categories your Hub entry goes in.
- Permissions - Choose who can view and reply to that particular entry.
- Subscriptions - Choose to get an email or PM when someone replies to that entry.
Changing Your Settings
- Use the drop down menu at the top of the forum to go to Account and Preferences, where you'll find a "My Notebook" tab. Here you can find all sorts of settings for your Hub, including choosing who can view and respond to posts, as well as set up a unique name and description for your hub. We recommend using the "Description" section to create a directory of all of your entries so they are easily accessible.
- You can use your notebooks however you see fit - as long as you follow the category outlines and Hub Community Guidelines, it's yours to bend and mold to whatever you need.
- Notebook entries are treated just like forum posts - you can edit them, delete them, and choose to allow comments from other members if you'd like.
- If you want to display multiple things, we recommend using multiple entries and linking them together with a tracker rather than using the "comments" setting.
Need a hand with your Notebook? Visit the Help Desk for assitance.